Having to do an IELTS exam can be very stressful, especially if you need to achieve a certain band score in order to get into university or immigrate to another country. One thing that goes without saying is that preparation is absolute key! Here are 15 things that you need to consider before taking the IELTS exam.
1. Learn about the test.
- Content : what type of questions will be asked in the test?
- Format : how is the IELTS exam set up?
- Time allocation : how much time do I have to complete each section?
- Scoring : how will I be evaluated during the exam?
2. What type of IELTS exam am I doing?
- General training
3. Have a realistic goals.
- Decide what band score you're aiming for
- Check your level of English
- Time frame : how much time will I need to prepare in order to achieve the band score I want?
4. Know the requirements of your chosen band score.
5. Learn about the types of questions that will be asked.
6. Learn tips and techniques for each type of question.
7. Study common topics and vocabulary.
8. Develop your ideas and topics from a variety of sources.
- Radio Programs
9. Use practice tests to assess your listening and reading.
10. Get your speaking and writing assessed by an experienced teacher.
11. Develop and practice.
12. Build speed and time management skills for reading and writing.
13. Do a full practice test under exam conditions.
14. Get training.
- Online extra English classes for IELTS preparation
15. Take the IELTS test when your English and IELTS skills are at it's strongest.
For more information on how to prepare for IELTS or for IELTS training, feel free to visit my profile to book a free trial lessons and speak about your learning goals.