-------------------------NATIVE BRITISH ENGLISH TEACHER ------------------------------
Hi there, I'm a 29 year old English teacher from the UK and I have taught English for over 7 years and have specialised in Business English training students English to manage professional situations in English.
I have worked at a language institute for business managers in Belgium for five years while also teaching in-company in Barcelona training students from a broad range of sectors including Technology, Education, Communications/Media, Marketing, Finance and Non-Profit sectors.
I can offer specific trainings on:
- English for meetings
- English for interviews
- English for presentations
- English for negotiations
- Inter-cultural communication
- English for general situations (dinners, networking events, conferences..)
My teaching style focuses on identifying the areas that students need to improve, giving realistic goals to work towards and clear strategies of how to achieve these goals.
I also make lessons as engaging as possible, designed specifically for student's needs and personal or professional interests based on my belief that enjoying speaking English is the most important step towards improvement.
Although Business English is my specialism, I am also open to students who are just starting to learn English or who would like to learn English for travelling or exploring the world.
Please get in touch for an initial trail lesson so I can assess your linguistic needs, set some clear goals and start helping you improve your English!
• Language instruction for the ‘L’Angles Professional per a Comerc Internacional’ (Professional English for International Commerce) course including a session on presentation skills. • Delivery of private English lessons tailered to student's professional needs relating to the Legal, Creative and Banking sectors. • Delivery of ´Oratoga´ Presentation Skills workshops for college students in Barcelona in preparation for the ´Treball de Recerca´ (a presentation of their research representing 10% of their final college grade)
• Delivery of highly tailored English instruction based on individual student requests, making a professional analysis and quickly offering effective and personalised solutions. • Assessment of student knowledge of the target language and culture in order to set clear learning objectives. • Support students, predominantly managers and executives, to use English in business meetings, presentations, negotiations and less formal setting including lunches and dinners. • Running introductory ´ice-breaker´ sessions, to welcome students to the course and inform them about the week ahead. •Running mid-week inter-cultural communication sessions with up to 35 students in order to facilitate their learning through engaging linguistic activities. • Creation of solutions to help students to maintain and develop their longer term objectives.
2012 - 2012
CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)