Hello! I'm an American EFL teacher, writer, and student with a lot of different interests and a passion for learning new things! I have taught English in South Korea, Italy, the U.S, and online for several years, and I specialize in conversation practice, writing, and test preparation. My teaching style is very interactive; I prefer helping you find answers by yourself instead of just telling you how something works, so come prepared to talk and learn!
# About me:
I love learning and travelling, and I'm interested in many different subjects: world news, food, culture, science, technology, politics, economics, data, travel, and more (though I don't know very much about sports!). I'm always eager to learn something new. In my experience, everyone I meet has something interesting to say :)
# My experience:
I taught for three years in South Korea, at the primary, secondary, and adult levels, and have also taught adults in Italy and the U.S. Currently, I am studying data analysis, web development, statistics, and economics while also teaching online classes and writing articles for technology websites.
# My style:
As a teacher, I'm very flexible and friendly. I believe that students always do best when they are relaxed, so I only push you as hard as you need! I've taught conversation classes, book discussions, test preparation, grammar lessons, and more. I can adapt classes to most needs, though, so I'll always try to help my students work towards their personal goals!
/* About my classes: */
1. [Structured classes]: If you have something specific you want to study (grammar, test preparation, writing, etc.), we'll study it using an online learning platform. This includes:
- live lessons and practice sessions
- homework you can do outside of class
- extra material and practice if you need it
- an optional placement test that tells you your CEFR level
2. [Unstructured classes]: If you don't want to use a curriculum, you can just tell me what you want to do! For example, we can focus on:
- General conversation/speaking practice with corrections
- Article discussions (news, science, academic texts, whatever!)
- Questions you have about English
- Interview preparation
- Writing practice
- Anything else you want to learn!