Nice to meet you and welcome to Verbling! My name is Marty, and I am an English teacher from the United States. As a teacher and learner of many languages, I want to show you how to enjoy your studies and make meaningful progress toward your goals. I want you to have fun in your lessons, and learn something new every time.
*HOW TO PLAN FOR SUCCESS*
THE GOLDEN RULE: YOU are the key to your success! The more effort you invest in your studies, the faster you will reach your goals.
1. Before our first lesson, think about what you want from an English class. Do you want discussion only? Do you want grammar practice? Imagine your ideal class and tell me what it is like!
2. Think about your immediate goals. Everyone's long-term goal is to become fluent in English. Tell me about your short-term goals, as well! Do you have an exam soon? Are you traveling or moving to an English-speaking country?
3. Think about your lesson plan. Do you want a lesson plan with weekly goals and homework? Do you want me to create the lesson plan? Would you like to create a lesson plan for me to follow?
4. Prepare a list of topics that interest you. Do you love music and want to discuss different genres and instruments? Let me know, and we can plan discussions that inspire and motivate you!
5. As your teacher, my mission is to help you achieve your English language goals. Your courses will be more successful if you tell me your interests, goals, and preferences for class.
1. Class Booking and Cancellation
a. You can book a class or cancel a class up to 12 hours before class time.
b. You can cancel one class per month up to 15 minutes after class begins, and you will be refunded 100% of the class fee. You must send me a message on Verbling so I can cancel the class for you. Verbling will not refund you if you cancel the class yourself.
c. If you cancel the second or more classes with less than 12 hours notice, you will be refunded 50% of the class fee.
2. Technology Problems
a. If you have a problem with your computer or internet connection, please send me a message as soon as possible. You can reschedule your lesson or cancel with 100% refund of the class fee.
b. If the class is interrupted less than 30 minutes into class due to technical problems, you will receive a 100% refund of the class fee.
c. If the class is interrupted more than 30 minutes into class due to technical problems, you will receive a 50% refund of the class fee.