Welcome to Solas English on Verbling.
To welcome you and thank you for starting classes with me, I would like to offer you 15% off your first class.
I look forward to working with you.
See you soon on Verbling!
Su di me
Rates: Conversation classes €19.50 | General English Classes €26.50 | IELTS Preparation, Academic Classes & Professional Skills €33 |
Hello! My name is Deirdre, but you can call me Dee! Thank you for visiting my profile today. I am a native English speaker from the west of Ireland. I started teaching English in 2007 when I was travelling around the world. I fell in love with this career and went on to complete my Masters in Teaching English & Applied Linguistics in 2012. Since then I have been working with adults one-to-one and in groups in third level colleges and universities in classrooms and online. Further information is available in my resume below. The classes I teach on Verbling are:
- Relaxed, friendly and engaging environment to practice your speaking.
- Topics that are engaging and interesting for you (you can choose!).
- Materials prepared and sent before each class.
- Lessons are 45 minutes long with written report after the lesson with summary of feedback and notes.
- Correction and feedback during each lesson.
- Introduction to language strategies to improve your speaking.
***General English (All levels)
- Learn vocabulary and grammar according to your level.
- Practice vocabulary and grammar in speaking (including pronunciation), listening, reading and writing.
- Lessons follow a course structure (homework etc. included).
- Lessons are engaging with a variety of activities.
- Use of the Common European Framework for your progress.
- All materials included (self-study, class activities, and complimentary videos and blog material).
- Prepare for IELTS - reading, writing, listening, speaking.
- Learn exam strategies.
- Practice exam skills.
- Become efficient and knowledgable of the exam through practice.
- All materials included (self-study, practice tests, exam strategy activities).
- Dedicated and hard-working teacher to get you the bands you need.
***Academic English (graduate and post-graduate levels)
- Bespoke lessons for developing Academic English skills.
- Proofreading of Academic Writing.
- Are you preparing for an interview in English?
- Do you need to make a presentation or sales pitch in your job?
I can help you practice and prepare for your professional needs.
In my classes:
- I have the confidence and knowledge to answer all your difficult grammatical questions correctly.
- I can help you with the pronunciation of sounds and words that are challenging by using the IPA and identifying other aspects of phonology.
- I use a wide range of materials and sources, from accredited course books to specialised self-developed learning aids.
- My main objective is to help you develop effective communication skills in the English language.
When you study with me, you will have:
- free language level placement test.
- access to an online bank of self-study materials to compliment your classes.
- links to a blog with downloadable notes.
- decks to learn vocabulary and idioms.
- interesting and up-to-date blog articles to read about developing your English language skills.
Please book a trial lesson to begin or send me a private message. - I hope to hear from you soon.