My name is Verena and I'm from a little town called Neustadt in Germany. I have a masters degree in teaching and enjoy nothing more than helping you learn my favorite language.
Usually my lessons are based on textbooks and we'll work our way through a book at your language level to steadily increase your knowledge and skills of German, including vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, and much more. However, I know that learning styles vary, and also that needs and requirements while learning a language vary - some students might prefer a simple conversational lesson, or might have a specific issue that they would like to focus on. I'm open for almost anything, just let me know and I'll design a lesson that fits your learning style.
Here's some professional information about me that you might want to know:
My experience in teaching German:
- four years of experience in teaching German as a Foreign Language (DAF)
- one-to-one lessons as well as group settings
- students of all ages (15 to 60+)
- for private as well as business students
- native German speaker
- masters degree in language teaching
- several certificates in "Teaching German as a Foreign Language" (in German called "DaF" = Deutsch als Fremdsprache)
Other language teaching education/certifications:
- Master of Education in ESOL/EFL
- Motheread/Fatheread certified
- STAR (student achievement in reading) certified
- Stewards of Children - Darkness to Light - certified