The best way to learn a collocation is in a phrase or a sentence. Let’s take this word: “way”. Take a look at the examples below to see the many meanings it can take. Then, try writing your own sentences:
- I must find a way to help him.
- Can you find your way back home?
- I learned the hard way that Jack can’t be trusted.
- Please tell me if I’m getting in your way.
- You must give way to traffic from the left.
- I’ve tried every possible way to get him to change his mind.
Do you think this exercise will help you become more fluent? If so, let me know.
Feel free to contact me if you need help with your English – or book a trial lesson. I’ll be happy to help you!