Lots of people enjoy watching movies or TV series to practise a foreign language but reading is also an excellent way to help you learn. Why? Here are a few reasons:
1. It helps you become an independent language learner.
2. It helps to consolidate what you already know in the language.
3. It improves overall language competence in all skills.
4. It helps develop general, world knowledge.
5. It significantly develops your vocabulary.
6. It improves your writing.
7. It motivates you to read more - the more you read successfully in the foreign language, the more you are encouraged to continue.
Have you ever read a book in a foreign language? What sort of book was it? Did you enjoy it? Did it help you learn your target language more?